Saturday, August 25, 2012

Little People, Big Faith


In my last post, I was sentimental about our baby losing her first tooth.  Sometime after I wrote that post, my girls came to me with a request.  I encouraged them to pray about it and left it at that.  The answer to their prayers came in the form of a 7lb baby girl.  God gave them a new, little sister to love and adore.

So, little E's first lost tooth was not truly the last of the first lost teeth.  No, the tooth fairy will be flying by here for at least 8 more years.  Life's funny!

Just when I start to figure the whole thing out, the game completely changes.  My man and I were done with babies.  Sleeping through the night suited me quite well.  So, why did I tell my kids to pray about having another sibling.  Simply, because the one thing I truly want in life is to do God's will.  I fall remarkably short of following Him perfectly, but I do desire His will more than anything .  I did not tell the girls to pray as a way of writing them off.  I told them that if God wanted us to have another baby, then I would be happy to receive it.  It would just require God to be very clear because my plans were heading in a different direction.  He was was clear.   Six months after the girls started praying, their prayers were answered.  Surprise!  


Baby A is the cooing, giggling reminder to my children that their God hears their prayers.  What a precious way for the Lord to speak!  

Now we have a boisterous family of seven. Our days (and nights)  are radically different than they were 2 years ago.  There are cheerios on the floor again and a ginormous excersaucer consuming our living room.   I can not make a trip to the grocery store without at least one comment from a perfect stranger regarding my small army of children.  And frankly, I am quite proud of them.  They are each so spunky and different.  They bring deep joy to my days!


Psalm 127:3  Children are a gift from the Lordthey are a reward from Him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Your children are all so adorable. And I can't believe how big they've all gotten. Really enjoyed this post and hope that you are doing well.

    Julie G.

    ReplyDelete