Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Rosemary Bouquet: clippings from our week that I want to remember.


I started this week with much fear and trembling, pretty certain that the days would undeniably confirm that I am, indeed, "in over my head".  This was my first week flying solo since Cute Boy was born 3 weeks ago, and it was also our first week of homeschooling since break.

Well, it is Saturday, and the verdict is in.  I am in waaay over my head.  However, along with the verdict came a lot of very sweet reassurances that God is near and caring for us in the midst of the craziness.

People helped with meals, school pick-ups, house cleaning, homeschooling, and caring for the babies.  There were so many tangible ways that the Lord showed me that he sees me, and He is carrying us.  I want to remember each of those things.  In times when I fear that I am all alone, I want to have this moment to look back to- a time that I thought I would sink and yet the Lord upheld me.  My life is filled with those moments.
So, I am starting the New Year with a new resolution.  I am going to use this space to write down the things that I don't want to forget: the precious, the funny, the divine.

Clippings from the Week:


Cute Boy is perfect!  His favorite thing to do is lay on Mama's chest and sleep.  Everyone is smitten with him.  The Jo Boy is especially thrilled to finally have a brother, but has yet to make good on his promise to learn to change a diaper.  :)








The Gracie girl got her Latin and logic exams back in her Classical Conversations class.  She made a perfect score on both.  I am so proud of how hard she has worked, especially since she did not have much support from me during the last month or so.  Now she is very excited about the mock trial her class is working on and has decided she would like to be a lawyer when she grows up.   The girl would definitely make one spit-fire of an attorney!



Baby A (also known as Sweet Girl) has decided she only wants to wear fancy dresses.  The dress has to be velvet or sparkly and look great when she twirls.









The best part about homeschooling with a new born in the house is snuggling during reading time!

No comments:

Post a Comment